About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ever Tried Detox To Kick Start A Diet?

Detox, "What's that?" I hear you say.

Detox is when you try and rid your body of any unwanted toxins. Eating only fresh vegetables and cutting back on carbs.

  • Caffeine
  • Alcohol
  • Processed foods
  • Salty foods
  • Bad carbs, sugar

    I have completed this task twice and I can truly say it was the most difficult of tasks I have ever tried when it comes to dieting.

    Trying to eat soup for 5 days along with a few extras is boring and not very satisfying, but I must say that I really felt great after the week was up. I wasn't bloated and my skin seemed better. (Probably all the water you drink)

    The first couple of days are the hardest. Headaches began at lunchtime on the first day and by nightfall, nausea set in, dry reaching, ohh not so good. Lasted two days but stuck by it although I felt like I was dying.
    All this is the start of ridding yourself of those bad toxins, caffeine is the worst for me, not that I drink a lot of coffee, a latte probably once or twice a week. As soon as I cut caffeine out of my diet the headache appears and usually ends up being a migraine, not nice. (I do drink green tea regularly)

    If you can get through the first few days you will not regret it. It will kick start your weight loss and you will feel lighter and healthier.

    Try this soup for your detox diet: (Losing The Last 5kg, Susie Burrell)

    Vegetable Soup

    2 teaspoons olive oil
    1 onion, diced
    5 sticks celery, chopped
    500ml salt-reduced vegetable stock
    750ml water
    400g tin tomatoes, chopped
    carrot, cubed
    500g pumpkin, cubed
    200g sweet potato, cubed
    300g broccoli, cut into florets, steam. Save till serving
    1 leek, finely sliced (optional)
    Cumin to taste

    1 Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onion, leek, celery and cumin, saute over low heat until soft.

    2 Add all other ingredients, minus broccoli, bring to the boil then simmer for about 10 minutes.

    3 Serve with steamed broccoli on top

    Make a double batch and freeze in small portion sizes for quick, easy meals. Only do this for 5 days, no longer.
    Click Here For Extra Weight Loss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment