About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Wedding Day Blues

Hurray, my brother's wedding day has finally come.
Oh, what a week it has been. Those people who say that you never get nervous or the jitters at your wedding are lying.
My brother has been a right pain in the butt for well over a week, no matter what you said he would jump down your throat.
Now it's come and gone, he better have changed is attitude.

It was raining pretty much most of the night before and into Saturday and I mean really raining. No blue sky to be seen anywhere.
I had planned on wearing a fake tan but daughter explained that it may wash off during the rain, so I had to wear stockings, bad mistake.
The shoes I bought where fairly high and the stockings gave me no grip at all, so I was sliding in and out of them everytime I took a step.
Between ceremony and reception, toilet break and off came the stockings, best move I made all day. No more slip sliding around and looking like an idiot.

Anyway, back to the wedding.
The day looked as though it might be disasterous but God really came to the rescue (Sorry, but I'm not that religious) The rain stopped at the start of the ceremony and stayed away for all the family photo's. By the time we got to the reception two hours later it gradually started again. It rained most of the night and into Sunday morning. (Nearly 2 inches of rain fell that day). Very lucky I think, but like I told my brother, it's something that they will talk about and remember forever.

All in all the day went off without any hitches and all looked beautiful and charming in our outfits. (I danced in those shoes all night).

Now comes the hard part, trying to stay together.

No comments:

Post a Comment