About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Say "NO" to Food, Oh Come On.

The battle of the bulge, story of my life. I can feel myself slipping back to my old ways and I can not let this happen.
I have a wedding in three months and I want to get the best little black dress to wear, something that I have never owned.

Why do they make food that is so tempting. How can anyone fight the urge to taste such delicious, mouth watering treats.
How often do you go out to a party and lined up on a very long table is all this tasty looking food. I here you say "all the time" and you always say to yourself I will not have any of that stuff.
Someone starts offering food out and on the first round you politely say "NO".

Excellent, very proud. But how long can you hold out for.
I here you say to yourself "look out, here they come again, look away, no I'm not having anything."
"Would you like something to eat?" The very nice little girl asks and how can you say no to those beautiful little eyes peering up at you.
So, that's it. The onslaught begins, you have had that first taste, your taste buds are craving for more.

So it begins, the downward spiral to defeat.

While you have had your third piece of finger food or dessert, you suddenly realise what you have been doing. You were never really hungry because you had already eaten dinner before you came. You just did it out of habit.

I have come up with some ideas on how to break these habits: (HOPEFULLY)
When you see the tray coming pretend you have to go to the ladies.
Move to talk to another group of people where the food has already been.
Get up and dance.
Offer the food yourself, take two trays around that way your hands are full.
Remember, if we must have a piece of cake, go for the smallest and make it last.

I'm going to break these cravings.
Are you with me?

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment