About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Zucchini Madness

Zucchinis, Zucchinis, Zucchinis. I'm starting to go mad. I've been packing these green oblong things for over five weeks and I've probably got another five to go. Tossing and turning in my sleep, chasing me or crawling in my bed(this must mean insanity).
Anyway, I thought because that's all that I've got on my mind at the moment, I would find out if they are any good for you.
Guess what? They actually are. We can loose weight by eating these things.
The water content is nearly 95%, so, great for us dieters and good for your skin.
Other health benefits are-: they contain only 15 calories per 100g, now there's a plus.
They contain potassium, which is an electrolyte (mineral salt)good for human nervous system, muscle function.
Calcium, good for our bones. Vitamin A,C,K & B's also included.
Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and is suggested to be good for people who suffer from asthma. If a deficiency in vitamin C, scurvy and bruising may become an issue.
It is also believed that eating zucchinis may prevent the risk of having Multiple Sclerosis and prevent age-related prostate enlargement in men.
The copper, which zucchini's contain, is an anti-inflammatory. Great for arthritis pain.
So for all my whinging about these lovely green vegetables, they are very healthy for you.
I've got a geat recipe, I'll bring it to you next time.

Freshly Cut Zucchini
Originally uploaded by LollyKnit

No comments:

Post a Comment