About Me

Australia
I'm a Mum who has struggled with weight since having my daughter 24 years ago. Forever trying to find that one thing that helps to make weight loss easier.

Friday, June 11, 2010

An Apple A Day Helps Keep The Weight Away.


Black Apple
Originally uploaded by Bald Monk
Apples for weight loss. Yes that's what I've been reading.
Apparently if you eat an apple before a main meal, it helps make you feel fuller.
I have actually been doing this for the last five days and I can honestly say that I think it works.
I have one for morning tea and one again at around 4 o'clock. I do feel more satisfied from eating an apple at this time then I do eating a muesli bar or raisin toast. By the time dinner time is here, I'm really not as hungry and don't get that hunger pain that usually arises when the smell of food is around.

Apples are full of fibre and take longer to break down. They also contain many vitamins and minerals and are low in calories.
Contain less sodium which helps prevent water retention. Full of vitamin C, an antioxidant, which can help prevent heart disease.

So by and by, the humble old apple really may keep the doctor away.



No comments:

Post a Comment